Welcome

You've entered Melodyland, where perception is slightly skewed, potential is limitless and imaginary people live happily ever after

Sunday, October 2, 2011

October!

This is the best time of year in north Georgia.  The leaves are beginning to turn colors and cool air gets under everybody's skin, making us all want to eat apples and make pumpkin pie.

I met with the North Georgia Mountains Book Coub in Murreyville in September.  I hated to leave that day because those women were so fun to talk with.  Then I had another fun time at the Yahoola Creek Grille where I met with the Dahlonega Books and Booze Book Club and met some more great women.

Something else fun happened this month as well...a man from the Southeastern Mystery Writer's Assn. broadcast that he needed information about riverboat ferries.  He's writing a story that includes a scene on a Missouri River Ferry.  He needed something about the terminology used.  I checked in the back of my brain and discovered I've got a cousin who works barges on the Mississippi River.  He was a long lost cousin I hadn't seen in thirty years, but I have his sister's phone number so called to get Mark's contact number.  He was a delight to talk with, volunteered whatever information he could supply for the SEMWA contact, and we renewed our acquaintance.  His mother and my father are siblings.  It's a shame to lose track of my own people so recklessly.

PJ Feirer of Beau Alexander Wine Store in Gainesville called to tell me she'd sold some of my wineglasses (I paint dogs and cats and ladies on wineglasses)  She said she wanted some pumpkin wineglasses for a Halloween thing they're doing.  I didn't know if I could paint pumpkins, but after I started I found out I could.  So those are now at Beau Alexander for that holiday trick or treat.

I'm going to be at the Yummie Yogurt and Coffee House in Dahlonega on Saturday, October 8 for a book signing of Auraria Dead.  They've also got some of my watercolors.  The signing is from 2-4 in the afternoon.  Bobbie Southwell is the nice lady who owns that new shop.  The cappuccinos are outstanding.

Oct. 11 is my own book club meeting date.  We read Sister this month.  You'll have to read it yourself and let me know how you like it.  I thought it didn't really get started until about  3/4 of the way through the story.  The mystery was good.

Oct. 15 is the meeting date for the Atlanta Writer's Club at Georgia Perimeter College in Dunwoody.

Oct. 18 I've got a signing at a restaurant in Dawsonville with a neighborhood book club.  I love neighborhood book clubs.  They're so informal that nobody feels pressure from just talking about the books we've read.  Of course I love talking about my characters and stories.  The new book, Chattahoochee Dead is about half finished right now. 

This blog is new and I hope to meet some more interested readers through it as soon as possible.

Until next time,  remember how much potential you've got in your heart.

Melody





2 comments:

  1. Great start to your blog Melody. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, you seem to be having loads of fun!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete