Welcome

You've entered Melodyland, where perception is slightly skewed, potential is limitless and imaginary people live happily ever after

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1, 2011 Wow...look at the woods!

November. Wow! Look at the color in the woods and know there's a God out there. Even if I find myself wondering what he's doing sometimes.

Abby survived the teeth cleaning (what a surprise!)and is going around smiling a lot today, showing off.

Today I'm going back over to the Bowen Center to draw/paint. Am having a wonderful time too. It's sort of like being put in a room with all the equipment you'd ever need and being told to do whatever you want. But I need to get faster as time is of the essence as usual. We're working on the backdrops for the children's theater musical production of "Annie." Though I've painted many murals, I've never done backdrops on panels before, so it's a new experience for me. Kinda intimidating too. Nine panels in two weeks. All I'm supposed to do is the drawing--others are assigned to do the painting, so maybe it will work out fine. So far I've got four drawn out--only five to go.

The new courthouse folks notified me they want one of my paintings to hang in the new building. The downside is my choices are I can donate it permanently or donate it for a year. I'm not sure about this.

We went to the Halloween party/candy immersion last night. I took my soon to be famous (no awards yet) apple pie. It was hot since I barely got it out of the oven in time, so was received well. Possibly because it was warm and the thermometer dived into the 30's last night. But we're inveterate partiers and hung out in the dark with all the neighbors. We'll never know if that pie was actually good or not.

I just started sending scenes of my new book, Chattahoochee Dead, to new readers I'm calling the BookEnds Crit group, so important to me. Michelle, Judy, Pamela and Janice have agreed to give me feedback on this story. I'm looking forward to finding out where I've caused problems for readers.

A thought for today: #260 (from Life's Little Instruction Book) Every day show your family how much you love them with your words, with your touch, and with your thoughtfulness.

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment