Welcome

You've entered Melodyland, where perception is slightly skewed, potential is limitless and imaginary people live happily ever after

Thursday, November 3, 2011

October 2, 2011 Bling Belt Visit

I forgot to mention I stopped in yesterday to visit my bling belt where it lives temporarily at the western store. I figure I can bring it home when my waistline looks like Dolly Parton's third best asset, the first two of those being her hair and her boobs, in no paticular order.

I was going to grow up to be Susan Anton, with legs up to here and blonde, but only made it approximately as far ss Suzanne Pleshette (without the smoker voice). At least that's what I've been told.

So God and I have been working on it for a long long time, and I know it will happen one day if I live long enough. When you see a 95 year old woman making her way down the street with her walker, if she's wearing a bling belt, wave. It's me.

Yay! The grandson cut the suckers off the crape myrtles, carried the far backseat out of the Excursion to the basement, cleaned out the refrigerator, washed it and restocked it and then did all the other appliances. Then he vacuumed the whole house for me. My heart runneth over.

The Darrel went to the post office in Dawsonville today and spoke with Warren Carlson who has worked there for years. Warren told Darrel he took Auraria Deadhome with him and read twenty pages before his wife got the book and started reading it. She stayed up all night reading then told him in the morning that it was the best book she ever read. I think I'll send that lady some flowers.

Am finished with the panels for the Annie set. When I started the nine of them I was told I had two weeks to draw them so I thought I might get them painted by that time as well. However, things being what they are, it turned out to be they needed them in three days instead of two weeks. Needless to say, I won't be doing any painting on them, and I barely got the last three sketched in. I think Marcia at the Bowen Center was going to have her six year old art class kids start painting on them. The Annie singers' parents are supposed to paint them tonight, but I don't see how they'll be able to do all of them.

I think Abby feels better after her Benedryl experience, but I don't plan to give her any more of it unless the itchies get worse again.

And I did see some of the finished tables set up for the Saturday luncheon today. They're absolutely fabulous. The only way they could outdo the ones this year is to have a live person in greasepaint hanging over one of the tables by their teeth.

My personal favorite message from Life's Little Instruction Book is #71: Learn to make something beautiful with your hands.

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment